Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TT: #1





To start off our Testimony Tuesday (TT), we've got the testimony of one of our older youth, Shelby M.

Here is her testimony:


Hi, I'm Shelby! :)
My Christian walk started at five years old, which is pretty young. Not surprisingly, I don't even remember praying a "sinner's prayer" or asking Jesus into my heart. In fact, I was secretly a little doubtful of my own salvation, until I was about twelve.
At twelve, I had moved about 800 miles away from my home in order to plant a new church with my family. The move took a tremendous toll on my whole family, my mom and I specifically, and I found myself growing into deep, deep sadness. I refused to make friends in my new town, believing that I would soon move back home, and I became extremely dependant on my mom. I missed being happy and joyful, making people laugh, and acting like a kid. I longed for happiness.
So, I began to search for it in the Bible. I would literally flip through the pages of the Bible until I found something that made me happy, or even a promise of happiness from God. Then, something began to change in me. As I read the Bible over time, the Holy Spirit came into me and gave me the happiness I was longing for, and so much more. More than I expected, and could've hoped for.
Now, living back home in T-town, I still have the joy I got when I was so lonely and sad. Even better, God has given me an even greater desire to read his word and pray! I am loving what God is doing in my life, and I am excited to see where he takes me!

Living like Love,
Shelby




Well, that kicks off our NEW Testimony Tuesdays!
Comment on this post, email us, or message us on Facebook if you would like to share YOUR testimony!

No comments:

Post a Comment